August 16, 2011

WELCOMING WESLEY

We checked in to the hospital at 5:30 am on August 4th for my c-section. It was a very nerve-wracking morning...once we got there, they put my IV in and once my doctor checked in it all went very fast after that. They wheeled me into the operating room where they gave me my spinal block so I wouldn't feel anything. Cody had to stay in a waiting room while they did that, so he kept himself occupied while he waited....
Then they started my operation which was by far the strangest experience of my life. I could feel everything without really feeling anything. When it was time for them to take the baby out they said, "Ok, you're going to feel some pressure..." and it felt like I had a Volkswagon on my chest. Then all of a sudden I felt the baby come out and I heard him cry right away. It was such a different experience than when Spence was born...no waiting to see if he was ok. He was peachy-pink and strong right away. Cody and I were both crying. Here we are meeting our baby boy for the first time.

We stayed in the hospital for 4 days and by then we were ready to get home to Spence. He was so happy to see us and the first thing he said when he met Wesley was, "Can I hold my baby?" So, he held his little brother and hung out with him for a few minutes then he went on about his day. :)

We are so happy to be home with both of our boys. Our family is complete!